Accelerated Reader (AR) is a program where students read books and take quizzes to support their independent reading comprehension and to develop a love a reading through immediate feedback. We celebrate weekly students who are meeting their goals.
Some of the benefits of Accelerated Reader are:
- Making essential reading practice more effective for every student.
- Personalizing reading practice to each student’s current level.
- Managing all reading activities including read to, read with, and read independently.
- Assessing students’ reading with two types of quizzes: Reading Practice, and Textbook Quizzes for our McGraw Hill literature selections.
- Building a lifelong love of reading and learning.